Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] PC Anywhere protocol

From: Pascal Longpre <Longpre.Pascal () HYDRO QC CA>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 16:42:32 -0400

I wrote an article on Bugtraq http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/1093
describing the authentication portion of PcAnywhere. Check the exploit
section, you'll find a small program explainig the way to decrypt the PcA
passwords and usernames. In fact, there is no encryption, only a double XOR.
If you need more specific info, just contact me directly.

Regards

Pascal Longpre