Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] RAS PT

From: Nasir Farhat Khan <nasir () instecdigital com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 18:42:33 +0500

I suppose that you want to test an NT box running Remote Access Service.

For penetration testing you can try RASMAN Security Descriptor
Vulnerability. It is called the RASMAN bug and gives you complete control of
the NT Box running RAS Manager service. We have tested this on a NT 4.0 box
any unpriviledged NT user can gain administrative access remotely.

More details can be found at:

http://www.quimeras.com/secadv/rasman.htm

Microsoft has issued a Security Bulletin (MS99-041) on RASMAN Security
Descriptor Vulnerability. According to Microsoft SP6 machines are also
vulnerable.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms99-041.asp

Bugtraq Vulnerability Database:

http://www.securityfocus.com/vdb/?id=645