Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] RAS PT

From: "Batten, Gerald" <GBatten () EXOCOM COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 15:03:51 -0400

Many thanks to everyone who have given me their help.

I meant to specify 'dial-up pt', but I still I learned a thing or two about
pt'ing a general NT box.  That's pt'ing, not tp'ing 8p

So are there any specific attacks or defense mechanisms that one could use
form the dial-up side exclusively?  How effective are dial-back accounts?
I've heard that there are ways around that as well.  For the sake of
argument, let's ignore such things as smart cards or SecurID tokens.

Gerald.

*Note: Views expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily those of my
employer.
**Note:  Views expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily  mine either.