Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Datacenter Wiring

From: "Stiles, Robert" <bob.stiles () TGSLC ORG>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 08:33:28 -0500

Just a footnote to the pressurized conduit - an old school telephony guy I
spoke to said ALL the wiring used to be in pressurized conduits, essentially
to protect the paper insulation.  In case of a leak, an alarm would go off,
the pressurized gas would keep water from leaking in, and he would have to
hunt around with stethoscope on a stick device to locate the leaking pipe.