Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Datacenter Wiring

From: Tim <timv2000 () YAHOO COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:52:54 -0700

Whenever I've spec'd wiring installs one of the RFP requirements has been
for all cable run outside of my physical control (ie. from my office space
to the building POP, or riser) to be in conduit, usually that runs above a
suspended ceiling.  My assumption has been that its more work and there is
more risk of damaging other pairs (which I might notice) if someone has to
breach conduit.

Most well installed exposed cable is bundled pretty tightly so I'd like to
hear suggestions about how one would isolate a particular run once you
were away from a specific office space, where you could trace it back to
the host.  Most of the labeling I've seen is only near the ends of the
runs.

TV