Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] WebEx security?

From: Erik Tayler <erik () DIGITALOFFENSE NET>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:31:47 -0600

Portscanning has nothing to do with it. The last thing I'm going to do
is announce which vulnerabilities are present within the Webex system to
this list, that is not my intention. I do not condone anyone mapping out
their network topology, or attempting to exploit known holes within
their network. A simple "would I want my corporation's non-public data
residing on this system?" would suffice.

Erik Tayler
http://www.digitaloffense.net
http://www.14x.net

Ken Pfeil wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the last thing they want is a bunch of port scanning
being done on the basis of your assumption. What is your criteria for a
"general overview" and the basis for your conclusion?

Just wondering...
Ken

Ken Pfeil
Director, Information Security