Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Your opinions ... more info

From: Jim Miller <MillerJ () FABSSB COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:56:59 -0600

The client responded that he did not want to support the additional cost of VPN.  I dispute that there is additional
cost over cert/SSL.  What VPN adds is described on page 6 of the document, in a section titled "Requiring Use of
Windows NT Passwords".  This allows use of MS Win NT administered password policies.  We should all read the document
before we continue.

http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/commserv/deployment/planguides/VPNSecurity.asp

dsimonis () FIDERUS COM 10/31/00 01:17PM >>>