Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Physical pen testing

From: Josh Tarchuk <josh () WHISTLERBC NET>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 17:40:47 -0700

Motion motion detectors and video surveillance?

You have they same equivilent when trying to access systems remotely. Why not
just treat them the same.  Video tapes=Log files

Dale C wrote:

How about above ceiling motion detectors? They were used pretty heavily at
one of the places I used to work at. Well placed video surveillance would
also be a good deterrent....

Signed,
Dale C
eEye Digital Security Team
T.949.349.9062
F.949.349.9538
http://www.eEye.com

John Cronin wrote:
Another overlooked hole is those dropped/suspended ceilings so popular
in office building environments.  Often the walls don't extend above
them, just lift the ceiling tile and go over the wall.  This is
extremely
common, and easily exploited.  Further, there if often some accessible
office/room next to the target, offering a concealed place from which
to work.

How would you protect those areas?

One of the other offices in our building got hit because of people doing
that, and it still makes me nervous that our offices are setup that
way.  I don't know enough about physical protection measures to know
what to put up there - heck, barbed wire?  Radar sentry guns? :-)

SeanMike

--
SeanMike Whipkey - Damnit.  Where's my witty repartee?
"Ow! Ow! Ow!  I had to go after mutants, didn't I?  I couldn't just

--
Regards,

Josh Tarchuk

Advanced Internet Services Ltd.
PO Box 1331, Whistler BC, Canada, V0N 1B0
Phone: 604-932-7484

info () whistlerbc net   -   http://whistlerbc.net