Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Physical pen testing

From: Eric Budke <budke () BUDKE COM>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 01:34:11 -0400

Build walls physically separating the spaces all the way up to the real
ceiling. In some ways this could be a smoke/fire protection as well, as
there is less space for it to sneak into yours.

At 03:31 PM 8/18/00 -0400, you wrote:
John Cronin wrote:
> Another overlooked hole is those dropped/suspended ceilings so popular
> in office building environments.  Often the walls don't extend above
> them, just lift the ceiling tile and go over the wall.  This is extremely
> common, and easily exploited.  Further, there if often some accessible
> office/room next to the target, offering a concealed place from which
> to work.

How would you protect those areas?

One of the other offices in our building got hit because of people doing
that, and it still makes me nervous that our offices are setup that
way.  I don't know enough about physical protection measures to know
what to put up there - heck, barbed wire?  Radar sentry guns? :-)

SeanMike

--
SeanMike Whipkey - Damnit.  Where's my witty repartee?
"Ow! Ow! Ow!  I had to go after mutants, didn't I?  I couldn't just

--
PGP Key can be found at http://www.budke.com/pgp/budke_budke_com.txt