PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Recommendations for a Linux tool-writing approach?

From: Glen Roberts <glenroberts () me com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:43:20 -0600

Any recommendations for a Linux tool-writing approach? I am more of a scripting guy than a programmer but I want to
take it to the next level.

For context, I need to write a few SANS gold papers for the Masters program and want to author some Linux tools related
to the papers I write (subjects to be determined). I’m looking at this as an opportunity to improve my intermediate
Linux skills while also adding some programming skills. I’m thinking of going with straight-up bash and maybe use some
Python, Ruby or Perl but I would love to get some ideas from some of you experts before diving in. It would be great to
learn how to make a UI that can run various back-end scripts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Glen Roberts, CISSP
@InternetGeneral
glenroberts () me com