PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Cloud based scanner/attack platform

From: Christopher Croad <ccroad () syr edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:36:05 +0000

Hello,

First time caller, long time listener.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a vendor that would provide a cloud based linux VM that could be used as a
scanning/attack platform?  We're looking to do assessments on ourselves from an outside perspective as opposed from
inside our own perimeter.  Our main concerns are that the provider won't shut us down if they see us scanning our own
network (preferably by agreement rather than by lack of monitoring on their part), and of course, cost.   We'd may also
use the system to set up mimicked websites for phishing exercises against our staff, so we'd want to be able to stand
up websites and domain names as well.

Chris C.