PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Google knows that i am in Germany. Even when connecting through Netherlands VPN concentrator. Why?

From: fd <fd () secure-designs com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:46:18 -0500

Split tunneling perhaps?

On 9/28/2012 3:07 AM, Jim Halfpenny wrote:

What about your browser locale? I might expect Google to choose language based on this but perhaps not the actual country page you land upon...

What kind of VPN are you using? Is your DNS server in Germany? Are DNS requests going over the VPN? Grab some headers or a packet capture and see what your DNS requests come back as and what headers are being sent and received.

Regards,
Jim