PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Google knows that i am in Germany. Even when connecting through Netherlands VPN concentrator. Why?

From: Jim Halfpenny <jim.halfpenny () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:07:38 +0100

What about your browser locale? I might expect Google to choose language
based on this but perhaps not the actual country page you land upon...

What kind of VPN are you using? Is your DNS server in Germany? Are DNS
requests going over the VPN? Grab some headers or a packet capture and see
what your DNS requests come back as and what headers are being sent and
received.

Regards,
Jim