PaulDotCom mailing list archives

404 page to help find missing children

From: Frank Forrester <forrester.frank () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 04:26:04 -0500

 I tweet security news like it's an addiction. For the most part infosec
news is redundant and generally uninteresting. Breach, breach O look
another breach something about jaflash.... ah hey look shity passwords and
defacements (Still waiting for a interactive astroids game HTML5
defacement) but I digress. I just like to break things.

Any who witty 404 pages have been around for awhile...
http://mashable.com/2012/04/04/funny-404-error-messages/ for instance. But
I ran across what is in my mind the defacto best use of a 404 page ever!

http://notfound.org/

*"Across the European Union, thousands of children go missing every year.
Thanks to the NotFound project, you can make a difference. Install our
application and a picture of a missing child automatically gets published
on every ‘page not found’ of your website. Together, we can find them."*

The U.S. needs this available yesterday. Any how I know It's not really
infosec related but as a person who had a ruff childhood I can't help but
try and spread this around. If y'all could mention it on the show sometimes
or any one spread this around... I personally would be appreciative. This
is just an awesome project I think everyone in IT should be aware of.

Thanks for your time.

Frank Forrester
AKA: CiphersSon