PaulDotCom mailing list archives

PII Chain of Custody

From: Karl Schuttler <karl.schuttler () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:28:50 -0400

Hey list,

I'm looking to implement a Chain of Custody procedure within my
organization for artifacts found during assessments (both software and
hard copy). I'm pretty familiar with the paper process used by law
enforcement for physical evidence ("bag and tag"), but would like to
avoid a paper process solution as much as I can.

I've considered an elaborate excel document for tracking, but I can
see this getting unweildly with multiple assessors needing to
contribute to the same document. Do any of you have any suggestions
for an elegant solution to this problem? Do you follow a Chain of
Custody process for PII in your organization?

Thanks,
Karl