PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Graduate programs for Infosec

From: "Allison, Ian" <Ian.C.Allison () am sony com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:33:39 -0700

Aaron,

Like Russell said, your biggest challenge will be to find a college that will accept a degree from ITT. What ITT does
not tell you is that they are only nationally accredited and not regionally accredited. Regional accreditation is what
almost every state brick and mortar schools have. There is a good chance Oklahoma State does not have national
accreditation. That means your credits and degree will not transfer over. Your challenge will be to find a school that
has both National and Regional accreditation. That way you can get your Masters degree from a regionally accredited
school. The good news is that there are a few schools with both accreditations out there that have good Infosec
programs. I would look for one that has NSA School of Academic Excellence in Information Security accreditation. You
can get the list of schools from the NSA web site and then work backwards from there. Having been in your shoes before
I know what a pain this can be. If you have any more questions you can email me directly and I would be happy to help
point you in the right direction.

Good Luck,

Ian