PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Email Policy Changes

From: Tim Krabec <tkrabec () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 10:17:23 -0500

Its not just state law that needs to be worried about.  Certain regulations
HIPPA,SOX, etc have data retension requirements for certain types of data.
Some data needs to be kept for months- years and other types can be tossed
out as soon as you're done with them.  Basically I'm saying a blanket 60 day
policy may not comply with some regulation you are under, but may work for a
vast amount of the email.