PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Email Policy Changes -- encourage im instead of email

From: teacher1st <teacher1st () bellsouth net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:21:42 -0500

Hello People,

The problem may be wrong technology. Perhaps in many instances IM should be used rather than email.

At the last company I worked we had a situation where an email was sent rather than an instant message.

Two problems were:
- email with a very long threads and something "embarrassing" way down would be sent
- short, casual, unfiltered [can't think of a better work] emails

We set up training program that, first of all, encouraged using Instant Messages and, second, discussed email etiquette.

Follow up showed the training worked.

Best,

teacher1st