PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: FBI accused of planting backdoor in OpenBSD IPSEC stack

From: Dan McGinn-Combs <dgcombs () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:20:31 -0500

Sorry - didn't really intend this to be flame-bait (or any other kind).

I do have to hang my head in shame... I used OpenBSD for several years
because the system inter-operated so well with Check Point's VPN
feature. I only once looked over the source code, and it was a cursory
review at that. I wonder if Check Point lifted the code intact.
Perhaps I should have grep'ed for "FBI". Or perhaps "Mossad".