PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: FBI accused of planting backdoor in OpenBSD IPSEC stack

From: Kevin Shaw <kevin.lee.shaw () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:26:48 -0500

I think of several things when I read this article. One, how widespread are
OpenBSD implementations say compared to FreeBSD. Also, the FBI? Seriously?
Not some other No Such Agency? Finally, it strikes me as pretty intriguing
that the same people generally thought to support freedom of expression and
information would, in essence, betray those principles enabling the sort of
wiretapping and Big Brother behavior so many deplored in their closed source
counterparts.. if they actually did and this isn't some publicity stunt,
etc.