PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Computer Lab in a Jail...

From: Dale Stirling <dale () puredistortion com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 07:31:57 +1000

Another solution if you are not bound to Windows is to run desktops without
HDD and us a linux live CD as you OS drive.

This removes storage from the desktops and allows a cheap and effective
steady state environment that is easily ugradeable. We hqve donthis to
provide cheap dumb terminal solutions in the past.

The only down side is that you would need to move authentication and ny
writeable storage to either a server or the instructors PC.

Cheers,

Dale