PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Bluetooth Advice

From: James Philput <jamesphilput () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:20:13 -0400

Hello All,
     I've recently been asked to look into what a couple of supposedly
secure devices are transmitting via bluetooth.  I've done a fair amount of
work with 802.11 traffic capture and analysis, but very little with
bluetooth.  If any of you could give me some guidance on what hardware and
software works best for bluetooth traffic capture and analysis I would
appreciate it.  For the time being my company is primarily interested in
what can be gotten from passive captures, but they may give me a couple of
spare devices to attack in the future.  Thanks for the help!

Regards,
James