PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Good time to Scan

From: jim.halfpenny at gmail.com (Jim Halfpenny)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:54:23 +0100

Hi,
I think another important aspect to this is tracking which nodes were
scanned and when. It should be possible to identifiy nodes which are under
the radar and may require scanning in working hours even is policy dictates
that scans are conducted outside core hours.

That said, scanning in working hours is usually met with some inital
hostility and in time accepted as normal practice. Think about corporate
virus scanning policies and extrapolate.

Regards,
Jim