PaulDotCom mailing list archives

small business security statistics

From: xrsolis at gmail.com (Xander Solis)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:09:29 +0800

I would suggest that you look at Security vendors / Auditors annual reports
to get this information. For large enterprises, Gartner's Reports are what
they use for this. But for SME's free ones include:

Pandalabs 2009 report:

http://www.pandasecurity.com/img/enc/Annual_Report_Pandalabs_2009.pdf

PWC Global state of information security survey

http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/information-security-survey/index.jhtml

Sophos Security Threat Report 2010

http://www.sophos.com/security/topic/security-report-2010.html

Verizon 2009 Data Breach Investigations Supplemental Report

http://www.verizonbusiness.com/resources/security/reports/rp_2009-data-breach-investigations-supplemental-report_en_xg.pdf

Ernst & Young?s 12th annual global information security survey

http://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/12th_annual_GISS/$FILE/12th_annual_GISS.pdf