PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Password scheme for websites: How wll would this work, and has it already been done?

From: jim.halfpenny at gmail.com (Jim Halfpenny)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:19:18 +0100

While we are on this topic is anyone aware of an open one-time password
system which could be used across multiple sites? I'm thinking something
along the lines of SecurID. I can imagine a business model where users
purchase a token and/or subscription and site owners can use a free API to
incorporate this authentication into their websites.

The whole concept of cross-domain credentials is not new, anyone aware of a
system that works with a hardware or software token?

Jim