PaulDotCom mailing list archives

What's your Wifi Pentesting Gear?

From: nils at hemmann.de (Nils)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:05:51 +0200

The Fon's I'm using are the older models.
I indeed have a short write up on the SD card mod. Please see below.
It's been about two years ago when I did this so the instructions depend on
Kamikaze 7.09 and I assume you have it up and running on your Fon and can
login via SSH....via serial cable would be better though!
Regarding the soldering work of the SD card besides others I used this
tutorial:http://www.larsen-b.com/Article/262.html

Nils

This is my SD card installation write up:
____________________________

 cd /tmp
 ipkg update

Filesystem
 ipkg install kmod-fs-ext2

or from Meltyblood

 wget
http://fon.testbox.dk/packages/2.6.21.5/kmod-fs-ext2_2.6.21.5-atheros-1_mips
.ipk
 ipkg install kmod-fs-ext2_2.6.21.5-atheros-1_mips.ipk

Drivers
Install the SD card driver(4 pin solution, see 3 pin solution below)

 wget
http://fon.testbox.dk/packages/mmc/phrozendriver/2.6.21.5/26215-4pinfon2100D
river7143.ipk
 ipkg install 26215-4pinfon2100Driver7143.ipk

or install the SD card driver(3 pin solution)

 wget
http://fon.testbox.dk/packages/mmc/phrozendriver/2.6.21.5/26215-3pinfon2100D
river14_143.ipk
 ipkg install 26215-3pinfon2100Driver14_143.ipk
 mkdir /mnt/mmc
 vi /etc/rc.d/S99mmc     --> hint:  file name might be different. e.g.
S98mmc

Insert the following at the end of the "start" section:

 mount /dev/mmc0 /mnt/mmc

Add the mmc to the path.
 vi /etc/profile
add the following lines below the existing PATH entry:
 export
PATH=$PATH:/mnt/mmc/bin:/mnt/mmc/sbin:/mnt/mmc/usr/bin:/mnt/mmc/usr/sbin:/mn
t/mmc/usr/local/bin:/mnt/mmc/usr/local/sbin
 export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/mnt/mmc/usr/local/lib:/mnt/mmc
/lib:/mnt/mmc/usr/lib

Add an ipkg destination: dest mmc /mnt/mmc
vi /etc/ipkg.conf

 reboot

If the card hasn't been formatted yet

 ipkg update
 ipkg install fdisk
 ipkg install libuuid
 ipkg install e2fsprogs
!!needs a bit of space, and you might need to kill some processes just to
get it to  install. I had to use killall httpd, if you kill dropbear you can
get locked out of ssh until next reboot,  not a problem with a serial cable.

 umountmmc
 fdisk /dev/mmc
 o [ENTER]
 n [ENTER] p [ENTER] 1 [ENTER] [ENTER] [ENTER]
 t [ENTER] 83 [ENTER]
 w [ENTER]
 mkfs.ext2 /dev/mmc0
 mount /dev/mmc0 /mnt/mmc

Remove the these packages afterwards: fdisk, e2fsprogs, and libuuid

Create Swap

 ipkg install swap-utils
 dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/mmc/swapfile count=128000
 mkswap /mnt/mmc/swapfile
 vi /etc/init.d/swapon
insert:
 #!/bin/sh
 swapon /mnt/mmc/swapfile
 chmod 755 /etc/init.d/swapon
 ln -s /etc/init.d/swapon /etc/rc.d/S99swapon

Execute /etc/rc.d/S99mmc or reboot
With the 'free' command you can check the swap space usage...