PaulDotCom mailing list archives

What's your Wifi Pentesting Gear?

From: irongeek at irongeek.com (Adrian Crenshaw)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:20:49 -0400

I've gotten some good, cheap ($15 or about) USB WiFi cards from
DealExtreme.com before, but the problem with them is shipping takes a long
time and despite what the descriptions say, you really don't know what
chipset you are getting (sometimes the chip set changes from shipment to
shipment on the same model number). This one is ZyDAS1211 based (despite the
RT74 description):
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22682~r.48687660

but for $9.50 that ok, and it seemed to support injection and monitor mode
fine. I list all my gear in this video pretty much:
http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/802-11-wireless-security-class-part-1

The other card I order from them, the first one came with the RT73 chipset
and the next two came with some Ralink 802.11N chipset. Since they are
Ralink, I'm expecting them to support injection sooner or later.

Adrian