PaulDotCom mailing list archives

What's in your Virtual Machine lab?

From: carlos_perez at darkoperator.com (Carlos Perez)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:42:22 -0400

In my case since I spent most of my time writing code for Meterepter my
lab has:
Internal Network

        PFsense Firewall VM
        Windows 2003 Domain Controller SP3
        Windows 2000 Memeber Server SP2
        Windows 2000 Memeber Server SP3
        Windows 2000 Memeber Server SP4
        Windows 2003 No patch
        Windows 2003 SP1
        Windows 2003 SP2
        Windows 2003 SP3
        Windows 2003 SP3 With Oracle 9i
        Windows 2003 SP3 With Oracle 10g
        Windows 2003 SP3 With Oracle 11g
        Windows 2003 SP3 With SQL 2005
        Windows 2003 SP3 With SQL 2008
        Windows 2003 Fully Patched
        Windows Vista SP1
        Windows Vista SP2
        Windows Vista SP1 no UAC
        Windows Vista SP2 no UAC
        Windows XP SP2
        Windows XP SP3
        Windows XP Fully Patched
        Windows 2008 SP1
        Windows 2008 SP2
        Windows 7 RC1
        BT4-Pre Internal Attack Machine

External Network
    BT4-Pre Internal external Machine
    Ubuntu 9.04 Dev Machine

All of this is almost a 1TB of VM's running under VMware in one Quad 8
GB VMware ESXi  Box, I'm able to bring up 8 of them. I have Meterpreter
as an executable on all machines both for user initialization or thru
the Scheduler service so as to get System priveles so I can test all of
my scripts as System and Administrative user.
On a Mac at home under the latest Fusion I have a Leopard test VM not
fully patched.