PaulDotCom mailing list archives

What if child porn is encountered during research?

From: csadler11 at gmail.com (Connie Sadler)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:49:48 -0700

Personally, I would contact the FBI quickly - and keep my hands off of it.
It's the right thing to do for any children who might be victimized.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Michael Dickey <lonervamp at gmail.com> wrote:

Personally, I think I would wipe it clean off. That's not something I'd
like to ever mess with or run afoul of.

But there may be value in forensically examining the files or the victims,
so it might be best to report the incident and turn over evidence.

This might make a good opportunity to introduce yourself to your local
field office. :) Maybe someone in a local Infragard chapter can put you in
touch with someone cyber-friendly at the local office?

By the way, Adrian, excellent question!