PaulDotCom mailing list archives

What if child porn is encountered during research?

From: rd at rd1.net (Ralph Durkee)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:08:11 -0400

Just to be clear on this, notifying LE on this is not only the right
thing to do, NOT doing so can be tried in court as criminal.  It's along
the same lines as seeing someone beaten or murdered and not reporting
it.   The Law Enforcement I deal with make child porn a priority,
although it's true they are also very busy.

-- Ralph Durkee, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, GSNA, GPEN

Adrian Crenshaw wrote:
My fear is that I'd get a hold of someone in law enforcement that has
no ability to understand the research I plan to do, and I'd just end
up on their radar as someone to watch. Having to contact LE everytime
a small peice of contraband is encountered would make the research
impossible, but that may be the only way to do it legally.

Adrian

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Michael Douglas <mick at pauldotcom.com