PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Hardware monitoring with twitter.

From: mailing at vankets.com (Bert Van Kets)
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 22:09:22 +0200

So you put the status of your firewall on an external system you have no
control over.......
Hmmmmmm. I would never do that. ;-)

bhoff at itworldclass.com wrote:
A little update to my firewall project. I have ripped out sendmail...and now using twitter to monitor my firewalls
health along with my windows/linux servers.
This is great as I have now reduced the overhead on the hardware and reduced vuln. In the appliance.
Thanks goes out to tcstool for pointing out an app shown on hak5 to make a bat file into a windows service. Future
projects include using this with my ips and ids systems.   Thoughts