PaulDotCom mailing list archives

who trusts google apps?

From: gbugbear at gmail.com (Tim Mugherini)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:14:25 -0400

I agree with Mike

I use em but never store anything of importance that I wouldn't want
to be on the web

In short I use em like any other Web 2.0 app

On 3/11/09, Mike Patterson <mike.patterson at unb.ca> wrote:
Robin Wood wrote on 3/11/09 3:20 PM:
I like the idea of a centralised, on the net, in the cloud, blah blah
blah, service for all my stuff but at the same time I worry about
giving all my private information to google because I don't know what
they are going to do with it and also it has to be a very large and
tempting target for bad hackers.

I wouldn't use it at all for anything containing information that even
remotely resembles private.

I solve my "cloud" issues by keeping Things in a mixture of subversion
and CVS repos on a server I control.  I check docs out where I need to
work on them, and robert becomes your auntie.

Not so nice for phones, but... it's a convenience/security tradeoff, and
one I'm not willing to pay.

Mike