PaulDotCom mailing list archives

How to Proactivly protect against Phising attacks?

From: jackadaniel at gmail.com (Jack Daniel)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:19:48 -0500

Several good suggestions so far, let me add-

If the messages are really targeted, the headers should provide IPs
and/or domains which you can block at the gateway; OTOH if they are
using typical dumb spambots some of the advanced anti-spam features of
your systems may help keep the mail out.

Full-disclosure bit: Astaro frequently gives me a paycheck. But the
same is true (for variable values of true) regardless of the type of
email gateway.  If you want product-specific suggestions, please
contact me off-list.

Jack