oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Closed list

From: "Mike O'Connor" <mjo () dojo mi org>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 14:35:02 -0400

:Hello everyone,
:
:This topic has lost focus lately. Rather than let it slip away, I think we
:should go ahead with the simplest solution right now, we can always do
:something different at a future date.
:
:Openwall has graciously volunteered to run a new list, and they currently
:have some infrastructure in place to do this. The new list can start up
:right away. In this instance, I fear perfect is the enemy of the good. I'd
:rather see something functional in place than nothing.
:
:Here is the plan for initial membership (this is also approved by
:Openwall).
:
:Initial members will have had to be a vendor-sec member (no exploders this
:time around). You must reply to this thread, in public (on oss-security).
:We want this to be very public, we have nothing to hide. You must have a
:public gpg key ID included in your reply. The new list will gpg encrypt all
:mail (it does accept plaintext messages though).