oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Closed list

From: Josh Bressers <bressers () redhat com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 20:22:58 -0400 (EDT)

Benji's trolling does raise a couple real issues. The private keys and
passphrases of those responding here have now become highly lucrative
targets for attackers. Hence, everyone on this new list needs to use good
practices to keep their keys, hard drives, and computers safe.  There
should probably be some common guidelines for key safety for all
participants.

I don't buy this. It's really no secret who is involved in open source
security, or most any security in general. If you're in this business and
don't worry about such threats all the time, you're probably in the wrong
field.

I think keeping this wide open will make us better at what we do. This is a
bit silly I agree, but it's also brutally honest.

I've often found that if nobody is complaining about what you're doing,
you're not doing anything interesting.

At least I can keep telling myself this is interesting ;)

Thanks.

--
    JB