oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: OpenSSH key blacklisting

From: Tim Brown <timb () nth-dimension org uk>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:03:42 +0100

All,

Maybe I've missed something, in which case, shoot me down, but why unlike
other services that make use of public key cryptography, does OpenSSH not
have use a model which supports proper authorisation and revocation
mechanisms?  Would this not be an ideal opportunity to implement this?
Whilst I think there was a reasonable case for such features prior to the
Debian OpenSSL vulnerability being identified, I would argue that this issue
highlights the case.  Comercial SSH already has such functionality - can
anyone offer a view on how [well] it works?

Tim
--
Tim Brown
<mailto:timb () nth-dimension org uk>