oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: OpenSSH key blacklisting

From: Kees Cook <kees () ubuntu com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 13:21:59 -0700

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 08:35:10PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 09:12:16AM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
Ah, I haven't been separating it by arch, but I can certainly do that.
I've been including the "full" hashes in the Debian openssh-blacklist
source package and reducing them for the final files.  I can easily
split up the source blacklist files by arch and combine them during the
"build".

Yes, please split by {arch, key type, key size}.  That is, let's have
one "source" file per combination of these.

This has been done in the 0.2.1 upload of openssh-blacklist[1].  (I also
dropped pid 0 and 32768, and sorted by pid, as mentioned earlier.)

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/openssh-blacklist.html

--
Kees Cook
Ubuntu Security Team