oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: OpenSSH key blacklisting

From: "Dmitry V. Levin" <ldv () altlinux org>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 19:59:03 +0400

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 07:44:35PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 04:46:30PM +0200, Robert Buchholz wrote:
Do you have a patch to propose, implementing your idea?

Dmitry V. Levin and I have completed design of the encoding scheme, and
Dmitry implemented it.  Now we have:

blacklist-encode.c - the encoder program;
blacklist-check.c - the "checker" program, used for testing only;
openssh-3.6.1p2-owl-blacklist.diff - the patch to sshd.

The patch is against an older version that we still have in Owl (with
lots of other patches), but it is trivial to forward-port.  In fact, I
expect that Dmitry will port it to the newer version in ALT Linux's
distributions very soon (if not already).  Dmitry - please announce your
forward-port in here when you have it.

These changes for ALT Linux's openssh package can be found at
http://git.altlinux.org/people/ldv/packages/?p=openssh.git
It should apply to vanilla openssh-5.0p1 with trivial modifications to
auth2-pubkey.c and servconf.c hunks.

--
ldv