Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: How can I let nmap scan parallely on the combination of ip:port?

From: Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 23:53:39 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 08:25:15 -0500, Daniel Miller wrote:

As I mentioned there, the only solution is to use some sort of script to
arrange hosts according to the port you want to scan. Usually, your
input file will not have very many different ports, so you can usually
gather a list of hosts for each port and scan those. Alternatively, you
can accumulate all the specified ports into one argument to the -p
option and scan those ports across all hosts; this is usually not as
slow as you might think, but you should check how many different ports
would be scanned this way before scanning. As a comparison, Nmap's -F
option scans 100 ports and calls that a "fast" scan.

Thanks a lot for your hints ;-)

Regards
--
.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.