Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [GSoC 2015] Improve s0h3ck's proposal?

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 18:59:54 -0700

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 6:56 PM, s0h3ck . <s0h3ck () gmail com> wrote:

Dear mentors,

After the spring break, I decided to share my proposal. As I didn't have
template for Nmap's proposal

Hi s0h3ck.  We've just added our application template to our GSoC Profile
page here:

https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2015/nmap

I think Google will start accepting applications on Monday the 16th.

1. Do you need a specific format like an HTML page or a google doc is fine?

Once Google starts accepting applications, I think they will give you an
HTML form you can fill out.  Including a link to a Google doc instead is
fine.

3. As I see there
<https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2015>, the final
decision about GSoC is not until April that we know if we are accepted or
not. Does the organization can have a good idea of the student profile
before April if he is a good match into the team or Google has the right to
refuse the student and the mentor?

We don't even know how many student slots we that Google will sponsor until
April 15 and then we need time to decide what projects to do and what
applicants to accept and who to mentor them.  And we also need to deal with
cases where other orgs may want to accept the same student.  So we don't
even know exactly who will be accepted until shortly before the April 27
public announcement date.  And even when we're pretty sure about someone,
Google doesn't allow us to notify them before the official mail goes out.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your application!

Cheers,
Fyodor