Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [GSOC] Porting Zenmap to Android

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 15:53:01 +0100

W dniu 05.03.2015 o 15:47, Michał Zieliński pisze:
Hi everyone!

I'm interested in submitting proposal based on idea "Nmap and Zenmap on
Mobile Devices (Android and iOS)".

As a first step, I would make Zenmap use PyQt instead of GTK. Then I would
use pyqtdeploy (or similar library) to create application package for
Android. The application would optionally use Superuser to perform scans
requiring elevated permissions on rooted devices.

The same approach would work on iOS, thought I don't have any iOS devices
nor experience in porting for iOS.

I'd be happy to hear what you think about this approach.

P.S. I have quite a lot of experience porting applications to Android. For
example, I have ported Freeciv (
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.org.zielinscy.freeciv ,
https://github.com/zielmicha/freeciv-android), the mobile UI is written in
Python using SDL2, game logic is written in C.

Cześć! ;)

I really like this idea, but this is a huge undertaking. Perhaps
rephrase your GSoC goal to something a bit smaller so you would have any
chances fitting in 15 weeks of working?

Cheers,
Jacek Wielemborek