Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Full nmap command line injection in output files

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 21:44:27 -0600

Olivier,

This is a good suggestion, but there is a workaround for the specific case
you mentioned: NSE script arguments can be provided in a separate file with
the --script-args-file option. This was added in Nmap 5.61TEST5 (March
2012) for keeping credentials off the command line.

We are not likely to implement an extra option to remove this information
from the output, since Nmap already has a great number of options and
editing the file is a good enough solution for many people. I suggest that
you update to the latest version of Nmap and use the --script-args-file
option. Thanks for your suggestion, and happy hacking!

Dan

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 5:23 AM, Olivier Hupond <Olivier.Hupond () agessi fr>