Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r29203 - nmap-exp/aca/nmap/scripts

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 18:31:58 -0400

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Aleksandar Nikolic
<nikolic.alek () gmail com> wrote:
Thanks Patrick!

I've tried the script without the code that waits for all the threads to finish
and with this patch applied, and now it doesn't trigger the assert failure.
So this fixes it, I confirm it.

I'll commit this fix. The nse_nsock assert shouldn't have happened
regardless though. The nse_nsock binding should handle aborts better.

Any suggestions on whether I should keep the part where it waits for worker
threads to exit ?

Up to you. As I said earlier, the parent does not (should not) have to
wait for its worker threads to finish.

--
- Patrick Donnelly