Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r29203 - nmap-exp/aca/nmap/scripts

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 00:08:10 +0200

2012/7/14 Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>:
On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net> wrote:
Not sure which script this is, but if the script is asserting after it
returns the script results and if it makes use of threads, it's likely that
the parent thread returns before the worker threads have stopped. I've
observed this behavior numerous times in the past. Kind of says something
about my coding *cough* :)

The parent should be able to complete before workers. If you are
encountering some error then that is a bug.

You both know _way much more_ than I do about NSE internals, but I
would consider as general rule that in a scripting engine, no script
should be able to crash the whole application.

--
Henri