Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap snmp scanning

From: Duarte Silva <duarte.silva () serializing me>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 17:59:45 +0000

On Tuesday 06 December 2011 19:59:34 Patrik Karlsson wrote:
If it can wait for the weekend, I will look into it.

Regards,
Duarte Silva

Cheers,
Patrik

Thanks Duarte, sounds good to me. What I saw during my brief look was:
* nmap.fetchfile is used (limits the location of the communityfile)
* the result from nmap.fetchfile isn't checked
* there's no good way to return an error back to the action function, if
the file wasn't found

Cheers,
//Patrik

Hello,

I had a look at the script and I have some doubts about it. If the user does
not supply the snmpcommunity (ant it isn't defined in the nmap.registry) the
script will not run. But the script allows the user to supply a file with a
list of community strings to try out. Weird to say the least =P

If I ain't missing something I should remove that restriction and make it more
like, "supply a community string or a file containing community strings,
otherwize I will use my own file"?

Regards,
Duarte Silva