Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] Vulnerability library proposal

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 16:50:52 +0100

On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 10:10:34AM -0500, Daniel Miller wrote:
Djalal, Rob,

Regarding XML script output and YAML, I submitted a revised, tested
patch back in June (http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2011/q2/1230) that
drops the YAML idea for many of the same reasons Rob mentioned. Instead,
it outputs more generic "container," "element," and "error" elements,
with lines of output as CDATA contents. I haven't received any feedback
on it, so it'd be great if you could test it out. I'm pretty sure most
of the code it touches hasn't changed, so the patch should mostly be
good. If it fails to patch, let me know and I'll spend some time
bringing it up-to-date.
Dan, sorry for the feedback. I'll try to look at it after I finish my
high priority GSoC tasks, yes we must organize the NSE XML output and we
should start by your patch.

Thanks Dan.

--
tixxdz