Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] Vulnerability library proposal

From: Christian Heinrich <christian.heinrich () cmlh id au>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 11:13:02 +1000

Djalal,

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org> wrote:
We are designing this NSE vulns library to be flexible, so users can use
their own DB like this 'Vuln::DB' or the 'OSVDB' etc. Perhaps Nmap will
even have its own database ?

I would prefer if nmap didn't compete with OSVDB, rather leverage
their data and contribute any errors in QA of the nmap results.

I am lead to believe that the revenue from Vuln::DB is invested in the
development of Dradis.  Maybe nmap contributing to the development of
Vuln::DB could ne negotiated?

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich