Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] ip-geolocation

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 22:34:20 +0200

Hello Jacob,

Thanks for your reply.

Your program is very cool indeed. I like how instead of relying on
external services it gathers data directly from the sources, like a
fast localized whois, and the parsing is really truly fast.
Unfortunately because it stores the data locally(and it's a lot of
data) I'm afraid it won't be a fitting addition for Nmap. Apart from
that I can see that it relies on the Maxmind databases for
geolocation, and I've already implemented that. As I mentioned in my
first email, my implementation for parsing the Maxmind databases is
likely to be dropped because of unneeded redundancy and the fact that
the user has to download the databases. Nevertheless I'll discuss your
method of whois with the NSE mentors.

Hopefully, someone will answer these posts too.

As for me, I'm totally keeping the program for future use :)

Best Regards,
Gorjan