Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] ip-geolocation

From: Jacob Appelbaum <jacob () appelbaum net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 17:43:46 +0000

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 3:36 PM, Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

Please find attached the ip-geolocation script. I've implemented IP
geolocation lookups on 4 web services(Geoplugin, IPInfoDB, Geobytes
and Quova) and a query against a Maxmind database based on the API
from Maxmind.

The usage is as follows:
nmap --script ip-geolocation <target> [--script-args

ip-geolocation.{[quova],[geobytes],[ipinfodb],[geoplugin],[maxmind_db],[maxmind_db=<filename>],[maxmind_only]}]

As you can see there are many arguments but all of them are optional.

Hi Gorjan,

I've implemented a program that has quite a lot of metadata locally and
would be useful for use in your script:
https://github.com/ioerror/blockfinder

This will provide you with RIR, LIR, GeoIP and other sources of data. If
you'd like me to write a specific output format, I'd be happy to do it.

All the best,
Jacob