Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: backorifice-brute NSE script

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 22:15:23 +0200

Hello Patrick,

There are version scripts which run on (almost) any open port. See
skypev2-version.nse portrule. However, as I understand it, the
BackOrifice service looks filtered unless you can authenticate
properly with it. If we were to run backorifice-brute against all
unfiltered UDP ports... that would take a while ;). I think for this
we need a script argument where the user suggests a port list to run
against. Something like: --script-arg 'backorifice-brute.ports=31338'
or --script-arg 'backorifice-brute.ports=1-65536'.

I like that solution. I'm gonna implement it. Problem is, I don't have
much time on my hands these couple of days, but things are gonna clear
out pretty soon.

Regards,
Gorjan